Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Arab-Israeli conflict policy for adding links
< Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history (Redirected from Wikipedia:Arab-Israeli conflict editing project/policy for adding links)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Military history WikiProject page is an archive, log collection, or currently inactive page; it is kept primarily for historical interest.|
- linking to relevant sources (maps, UN-resolutions, speeches or statements of organizations, parties and politicians involved) is encouraged.
- in general a description of a link as "The Israeli view" or "The Arab view" is discouraged as there is often no one single view.
- linked pages should add valuable information which is not in the article.
- no links to propaganda sites should be added (within reasonable limits: if you write an article about the role of propaganda it's of course legitim to cite examples). What constitutes a propaganda site is not always easy to make out. Some criteria, which may occur in combinations:
- Explicitly extremist rhetoric (e.g. anti-Semitic statements for an Arab site and "Deport all Arabs" for a Jewish site)
- Not providing concise facts.
- Logical fallacies (ad hominem is a particular favorite, bandwagon, fallacy by association),
- Murky use of legal/semantic definitions
- Resourceful quoting from different sources to convey a different message than the original document
- Mixing research and conclusion-making.