Billund is a municipality (Danish: kommune) in the center of the Jutland Peninsula in Denmark. Formerly the municipality belonged to Ribe County. The new, merged municipality covers an area of 540.18 km², and has a total population of 26,172 (2010). Its mayor is Ib Kristensen, a member of Venstre (Liberal Party) political party. The site of its municipal council is the town of Grindsted, which is the largest town in the municipality followed by the city of Billund.
On 1 January 2007, as a result of Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007), the old Billund municipality was combined with the former Grindsted Municipality and the part of Billund Airport that was located in Give Municipality.
Billund's municipal council consists of 25 members, elected every four years. The municipal council has six political committees. 
Below are the municipal councils elected since the Municipal Reform of 2007.
|2005||7||3||1||14||25||71.1%||Ib Kristensen (V)|
|Data from Kmdvalg.dk 2005, 2009, 2013 and 2017|
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- Billund and western Denmark
- Nuha Ansari, John D. Rambow, Denmark: The Guide for All Budgets, Rambow, 2002, Fodor's Denmark, 224 pages ISBN 0-676-90201-4
- Hogan, C.Michael, Egtved Girl Barrow, The Megalithic Portal, editor A. Burnham 4 October, 2007
- Facts about Billund Archived December 26, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "Vi er landets mest ambitiøse business region" [We are the country's most ambitious business region] (in Danish). trekantomraadet.dk. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Tal og statistik" [Figures and Statistics] (in Danish). Byregion Østjylland. Archived from the original on 27 April 2016. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Byråd og udvalg
- "Locations." Lego Group. Retrieved on 16 March 2010.
- "Contact Archived 2010-08-20 at the Wayback Machine." Sun Air of Scandinavia. Retrieved on 16 March 2010.
- Billund municipality's official website (in Danish)
- VisitBillund - Official Touristguide - The perfect starting point for a good stay
- Lego braces for big changes, a July 2005 International Herald Tribune article
- Satellite image from Google Maps
- Trekantomraadet - Association formed by the six municipalities in the area: Billund, Fredericia, Kolding, Middelfart, Vejen and Vejle (in Danish)
- Region of Southern Denmark's official website (in Danish)
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|