August 6, 1962
(m. 1989; div. 2010)
|Children||2, including Cooper Hefner|
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||India Allen|
|Succeeded by||Kari Kennell|
|Playboy Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||India Allen|
|Succeeded by||Renee Tenison|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
Kimberley Conrad (born as Kimberley Conradt; August 6, 1962) is an American model and actress. Conrad was chosen as Playboy's Playmate of the Month in January 1988 and became Playmate of the Year 1989. Conrad was Hugh Hefner's second wife and is mother to two of his four children. In 2017 at the age of 55 Conrad duplicated her Playmate of the Year cover along with her cohorts Renee Tenison, Candace Collins, Lisa Matthews, Cathy St. George, Charlotte Kemp, and Monique St. Pierre nearly three decades on.
Life as Mrs. Hefner
Conrad's marriage to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner in July 1989 drew worldwide media attention. The comic strip Doonesbury referred to the event as the belated end of the 1970s. The Hefners had two sons together: Marston Glenn Hefner (who shares his birthday with his father: April 9, 1990) and Cooper Bradford Hefner (September 4, 1991). Conrad transformed the Playboy Mansion into a more conservative household for her children.
After nine years of marriage, Conrad and Hefner separated although remained nominally married. Hugh Hefner was quoted, "I would've been happy to divorce her when we separated, but she wanted to remain married for our boys." Conrad then moved into a house next door to the Playboy Mansion. After an 11-year separation, Hefner filed for divorce stating irreconcilable differences in September 2009 after his youngest child turned 18; the divorce was finalized in March 2010.
- Jones, Chris. "Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Be of Good Cheer, for They Are Out There, and We Are in Here". Esquire. Archived from the original on 5 January 2014. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- Heimbach, Daniel R. (2004). True sexual morality : recovering biblical standards for a culture in crisis. Wheaton, Ill.: Crossway Books. p. 268. ISBN 9781581344851.
- n/a, Iveta. "7 Playboy's Playmates Recreate Their Own Magazine Covers Around 30 Years Later". Bored Panda. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- Hinant, Cindy (2012). "Grids Next Door". Gnome. 1 Winter (1): 48–53.
In 1989 [Hefner] gave up the bachelor image entirely when he married Kimberly Conrad. Hefner and Conrad quickly adapted their lifestyle to that of a traditional marriage. The Mansion parties became more regulated, casual nudity ceased and children’s toys replaced sex toys. Conrad says “I want this to be more like a real home. The girls still come over but they’re wearing their bathing suits. I think that’s nice.”
- Ken Lee. "Hugh Hefner Finally Files for Divorce". People magazine. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- "Hefner's divorce finalised in March". www.express.co.uk. 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
|This biography article about a United States model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|